The role will be to undertake product development to commercialise electronic materials,
to establish scale up production processes and define suitable material supply chains.
- Develop a range of electronic materials for formulation and coatings technology.
- Develop production processes and associated quality control procedures.
- Liaise and collaborate with colleagues both on site and externally to meet objectives.
- Production of samples for customers & partners.
- Establishing suitable supply chain partners.
- Depositing materials via printing or other methods.
- Lead laboratory research, prepare reports of the results in production and product
development data and present to partners.
- Selection and acquisition of new process and testing equipment to increase capabilities.
- Develop new technical literature to support new products or techniques.
- Oversee testing of coatings to industry standards.
- Support quality, health, and safety initiatives as they relate to formulation, material safety,
and technical data sheets.
- Mentor and support development of technicians.
- Help resolve customer technical requests and issues identified during the use of our
products for their applications.
- Actively research innovations in process technology, development chemistry, UK and
international legislation and how this may benefit or hinder operations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree, MSc or PhD in Chemistry, Material Science or related discipline.
- Practical knowledge of how to prepare and process materials for testing purposes
- Effective project management and communication skills and be able to work both independently and as a team member.
- Self-motivated with innovative with a drive to meet challenging deadlines.
- Hands-on approach to laboratory work combined with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to write accurate and concise technical reports
- Technical project leadership experience and successful commercialisation of new products
- Knowledge and practical application of chemical synthesis and process as they relate to
resins, polymers, additives and pigments
- Experience formulating solventborne and waterborne coatings
- High level of motivation, initiative and sense of urgency
Chemical Technologist for Dycotec Materials Ltd
Unit 12 Star West
Westmead Drive, Westlea
Directors of Dycotec Materials.
08:30-17:00, five days per week, 1 hour total break
Training for this position will be provided.