Located in the picturesque town of Calne in Wiltshire, Dycotec Materials is a dynamic and rapidly growing company developing advanced materials for solar cell, medical, wearables, automotive and electronics sectors using printed electronics.
We are now seeking a mechanical/electrical technician to develop to support in the development of high-volume manufacturing processes and production of customer prototypes to high quality standards.
The applicant must be an ambitious self-starter, who are seeking to rapidly grow their technical skills. They will need to be highly motivated, conscientious, able to work independently and as a team, with an attention to detail and good practical skills. The right candidate will demonstrate a desire to work in a fast-paced environment, provide technical support in print deposition development, mechanical fixture prototyping and design and electronic assembly to produce customer prototypes. Mechanical and electrical assembly skills are essential.
Working to high standards of health and safety and cleanliness, this is a hands-on role in a demanding environment working to tight product development and production schedules. This is a key role in the company and with it comes the opportunity to develop and expand your skills.
- Produce prototype products using printing technologies to meet performance required for customer applications.
- Undertake process engineering trials and support in the development and installation of high efficiency/high yield production processes
- Undertake printing/deposition trials to support formulation development
- Support in development/design of test fixtures
- Undertake electrical assembly of printed flexible circuits and semiconductor devices
- Undertake electrical characterisation of electronic components
- Record detailed observations in sample production.
- Ensure accurate reporting and presentation of test results
- Work in accordance to good manufacturing practice guidelines. Produce risk assessments and ensure safe working practices at all times.
- Update management on progress and identify challenges and risks.
- Work with other research/chemical technologists
- Able to multi-task to prioritise and co-ordinate given tasks.
- Work to tight deadlines and ensure work is completed within the allotted time.
- Be aware of existing quality control procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need:
- Ideally mechanical/electrical qualifications
- Practical skills and questioning/curious mindset
- Self-motivated and innovative with a drive to meet challenging deadlines.
- Hands-on approach to process/manufacturing work combined with excellent attention to detail.
- High level of motivation, initiative and a sense of urgency.
This is a fulltime position with salary in the range £25,000-27.500. Training will be provided. Excellent scope for progression, ongoing career development and the opportunity to work with a dynamic and innovative company.
08:30-17:00, 1 hour lunch break
Closing Date for Applicants: 31.07.21
Please submit your CV and covering letter to Katie Small at firstname.lastname@example.org
Process Technician for Dycotec Materials Ltd
Unit 6, Stainer Road
Porte Marsh Industrial Estate
Process R&D Engineer
Full-time position, 08:30-17:00, five days per week, 1 hour total break
Training for this position will be provided.
PPE will be provided