Dycotec Materials Ltd:
Located in the picturesque town of Calne in Wiltshire, Dycotec Materials is a dynamic and rapidly growing company developing advanced materials for applications such as solar cell, medical, wearables, automotive, IoT sensors and semiconductor.
We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team and work at our manufacturing and technology centre. You will demonstrate your background and knowledge in chemistry, materials science, inorganic surface functionality and organic coating technology. Key responsibilities include the dispersion, characterisation, and application of organic and inorganic materials in ink formulations. This opportunity is a fully ‘hands on’ role, where you will be expected to use your laboratory skills. Training will be provided to operate a wide range of analytical and manufacturing equipment. The candidate will require excellent awareness and adherence to occupational health and safety practices. In addition, the candidate will take an active role in customer visits, meetings, performing literature surveys, data acquisition and analysis to assist in producing written reports and presentations for our customers. Some international travel may be required.
- Assist in the completion of formulation of new products to meet customer requirements.
- Prepare customer reports and presentations. Provide feedback to customers when required.
- Product evaluation, formulation development and sample preparation.
- A structured approach to development processes and characterisations.
- Record detailed observations in samples production.
- Work in accordance with good laboratory practice guidelines.
- Update senior management on progress and identify problems.
- Work with production operators in product transfer to high volume production.
- Able to multi-task to prioritise and co-ordinate given tasks.
- Work to tight deadlines and ensure work is completed within the allotted time.
- Be aware of existing quality control procedures.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the research team.
What you’ll need:
- Degree, MSc or PhD in Chemistry, Engineering, Material Science or related discipline.
- Practical knowledge of how to prepare and process materials for testing purposes.
- Self-motivated with innovative with a drive to meet challenging deadlines.
- Good laboratory skills – safe, structured, logical approach with excellent attention to detail.
- Innovative and flexible, able to link different concepts across product types.
- Interest in new products and to explore the limits of technology.
- High level of motivation, initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Be independent, able to work alone and to contribute as a team.
When you join Dycotec Materials, we’re committing to your future career. We believe in our team reaching their full potential and will seek to promote internally. We will provide ongoing training to develop the required skills and expertise. Benefits include:
- Company bonus scheme
08:30-17:00, 1 hour lunch break
Closing Date for Applicants: 30.09.21
Please submit your CV and covering letter to Katie Small at firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Technologist for Dycotec Materials Ltd
Unit 6, Stanier Road
Porte Marsh Industrial Estate
Senior Chemical Technologist
08:30-17:00, five days per week, 1 hour total break
Training for this position will be provided.
PPE will be provided