Thermal Materials Technologist
Dycotec Materials Ltd:
Located in the picturesque town of Calne in Wiltshire, Dycotec Materials is a dynamic and rapidly growing company developing advanced materials for applications such as solar cell, medical, wearables, automotive, IoT sensors and semiconductor.
We are now seeking a Thermal Materials Technologist to develop a range of cutting-edge thermal interface materials, including paste and pad systems, to high quality standards.
The applicant must be an ambitious self-starter, who are seeking to rapidly grow their technical and commercial skills to ultimately lead the growth of an emerging area of the business. They will need to be highly motivated, conscientious, able to work independently and as a team, with an attention to detail and good practical skills. The right candidate will demonstrate a desire to work in a fast-paced environment, provide technical excellence in formulation development, mechanical and durability testing. An innovative approach to product development combined with good laboratory skills are essential. In addition, there will be the need to establish the supply chain and develop manufacturing processes. The candidate should have as a minimum a degree in chemistry or materials science from a leading University.
Working to high standards of health and safety and cleanliness is essential. This is a hands-on role in a demanding environment working to tight product development and production schedules. This is a key leading role and with it comes the opportunity to develop and expand your skills with a view to lead the field.
- Formulation of new cutting-edge thermal interface material products to meet customer requirements.
- Product evaluation, formulation trials and sample preparation. A structured methodical approach to materials development and characterisations. Ensure accurate reporting and presentation of test results.
- Review prior art literature including scientific reports and patents
- Develop production processes and associated quality control procedures.
- Liaise and collaborate with colleagues both on site and externally to meet objectives.
- Provide guidance and training to interns on use of laboratory equipment
- Production of samples for customers & partners. Record detailed observations in sample production. Attend customer meetings as required. Travel to customer sites as required
- Establish suitable supply chain partners.
- Testing of material deposition via printing, syringe or other suitable methods.
- Lead laboratory research, prepare reports of the results in production and product development data and present to partners.
- Develop new technical literature to support new products or techniques.
- Oversee testing of thermal interface materials to industry standards.
- Support quality, health, and safety initiatives as they relate to formulation, material safety, and technical data sheets.
- Work in accordance to good laboratory practice guidelines. Produce risk assessments and ensure safe working practices at all times.
- Update senior management on progress and identify challenges and risks.
- Actively research innovations in process technology, materials advances, UK and international legislation and how this may benefit or hinder operations.
- Able to multi-task to prioritise and co-ordinate given tasks.
- Work to tight deadlines and ensure work is completed within the allotted time.
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
- Degree, MSc or PhD in Chemistry, Engineering, Material Science or related discipline.
- Practical knowledge of how to prepare and process materials for testing purposes.
- Effective project management and communication skills and be able to work both independently and as a team.
- Self-motivated with innovative with a drive to meet challenging deadlines.
- Hands-on approach to laboratory work combined with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to write accurate and concise technical reports and presentations.
- Technical project leadership experience and successful commercialisation of new products.
- High level of motivation, initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Knowledge and practical application of chemical synthesis and processes in relation to resins, polymers, additives and fillers are preferred.
When you join Dycotec Materials, we’re committing to your future career. We believe in our team reaching their full potential and will seek to promote internally. We will provide ongoing training to develop the required skills and expertise. Benefits include:
- Company bonus scheme
08:30-17:00, 1 hour lunch break
Closing Date for Applicants: 16.07.21
Please submit your CV and covering letter to Katie Small at email@example.com
Thermal Materials Technologist for Dycotec Materials Ltd
Unit 6, Stainer Road
Porte Marsh Industrial Estate
Full-time position, 08:30-17:00, five days per week, 1 hour total break
Training for this position will be provided.
PPE will be provided